Effective Date: June 22, 2016
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide
We collect personal information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use our Site, create an online account with us, make an online purchase, sign up for newsletters or our email list, use our services, participate in a survey or promotion, request information from us, or otherwise contact us. The personal information we collect may include your name, address, zip code, e-mail address, telephone number(s) (including mobile/cell phones), birth date, and, when you make a purchase from us, a credit/debit card number or other financial information. When you access the Site using your mobile device, you may be asked to grant us access to your mobile device location if you would like to use certain features, such as Store Locator.
You may also be required to provide certain information when you apply for a Tech Close Outs credit card. We and the credit provider may be required to collect your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, and other information needed to assess your credit worthiness and verify your identity, such as social security number and employment-related information. We require this information to process your application. If you choose to link to the credit provider’s or other third party site, they may have privacy policies that differ from our own, and we are not responsible for the practices of such sites. You therefore should refer to their privacy policies to understand how they collect and handle your information and what kinds of choices you have.
We may receive certain information about you from a third party when you choose to link to us (such as through a social media network) based on your registration and privacy settings on those third party sites and services.
Information Automatically Collected
For example, we may automatically collect certain non-personal information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, device type, geographical location, operating system, unique device identifier of any of your computer(s) or device(s) that are used to access the Site, software version, Internet protocol (“IP”) address, phone model, phone operating system, and the domain name from which you accessed the Site. We also may collect information about your use of the Site, including the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Site, the number of times you return to the Site, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Site, advertising that you clink on, and other sites that you may visit.
We may also use third party analytics and advertising tools, or allow third party companies, to serve ads and/or automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you interact with our Site, advertising, or social media. This may include click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over. These third party tools or companies may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or Flash cookies to collect such information.
Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures
Certain parts of our Site require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including social networks that you use to connect with us. This information may include name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity.
Combination of Information
We may combine the information you provide us online with information from and about you that we automatically collect when you visit the Site, from third parties, or from other online and offline sources, including information you provide to us in our stores.
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To enhance your online shopping experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Site;
- To validate, confirm, verify, and track your order (including to process payment card transactions, arrange for shipping, delivery, or installation of your order, handle returns and refunds, and contact you about your order, including by email or telephone) or to service products you purchased from us;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- To provide you with customized Site content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site, across third party Sites, or through your mobile device;
- To contact you with information, newsletters, marketing, promotional materials, surveys, or discounts from Tech Close Outs or on behalf of our partners and affiliates;
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes;
- To respond to your inquiries, and contact and communicate with you when necessary;
- To develop new products or services and to conduct analysis to enhance current products and services;
- To review the usage and operations of our Site and improve our content, products, and services;
- To address any problems with the Site or our business; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of data collection.
Tech Close Outs respects your privacy, and we do not sell or rent your personal information to any third parties. We may share the personal information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- With our affiliates or subsidiary companies, some of which do not share the same brand name as us;
- To our third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us, including, but not limited to, fulfilling, shipping, or delivering your order, completing your transaction, servicing products you purchased from us, or processing your Tech Close Outs credit card application;
- To respond to judicial process or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
To help us improve your shopping experience and to better serve you, we may also share aggregate or anonymous non-personal information about Site visitors with third party companies for their marketing or analytics uses.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at Legaltakedownprocedure@techcloseoutlet.com. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
ACCESS TO AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
We provide our customers with the opportunity to opt-out of having their information used for purposes of sending promotional e-mails and uses not directly related to placement, processing, fulfillment, or delivery of a product order or servicing of your product. If you open an online account with us, you can review your personal information, add to it, or update it by clicking on the “Your Account” section of the Site.
We may occasionally send you emails with advertisements for sales or information about other promotional events. If you would like to opt out of receiving future emails, you can do so by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of the email marketing message. Please allow up to 10 business days for your request to take effect.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This Site may contain links to third party websites which are independent of us and may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such sites and disclaim any liability for those sites or their content. You should read the privacy policies of these other sites before disclosing any personal information to them.
We use reasonable security measures to protect the information we collect from and about our customers and Site visitors. For example, when you enter sensitive information (such as credit card information) on our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee the effectiveness of these security measures.
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the Site to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
REVISIONS TO THIS STATEMENT
We reserve the right, in our discretion, to make changes, modifications, or revisions at any time. When we do, we will post the change(s) on the Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to these terms means you accept these changes. If we make any material changes, we will provide appropriate notice to you.